Saskatchewan RCMP is seeking help identifying an individual believed to be responsible for a string of robberies and attempted robberies at financial institutions in southern Saskatchewan.
Since May 2016, there have been eight incidents and in all cases, no one was physically injured. RCMP investigators have noticed similarities in these situations.
“Safety is always our number one priority,” read a statement from the RCMP. “We want to assure the public that we’ve been investigating the similarities in these robberies for a period of time.”
The suspect has been consistently described as a man between the ages of 40 and 50 with a “heavy set or stocky build” with a height of 5’5” to 5’8,” according to RCMP.
“This individual has worn dark balaclavas or toques, gloves, a grey hooded sweater, a tan coat, an orange hoodie with an Under Armour logo on the front, a camouflage or dark coat,” said a release from the RCMP. “Potential vehicles involved include a grey van, a red SUV, an older model dark coloured Chevrolet extended cab truck, possibly a Silverado model.”
The incidents, in order, are:
- May 13, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. in Pangman. A lone man entered the bank demanding cash before fleeing in a grey van in an unknown direction and an undisclosed amount of cash.
- June 24, 2016 at 11 a.m. in Hodgeville. A man entered the bank with a firearm, demanding money. He fled the building with an undisclosed amount of money. He was seen entering a red or burgundy Chevrolet Equinox.
- 4, 2017 at 10:20 a.m. in Pangman. Again, a man entered the bank demanding cash before fleeing in an unknown direction, possibly in a red SUV. He left with an undisclosed amount of cash. No weapons were involved.
- 6, 2017 at 10:20 a.m. in Pangman. A man with a balaclava attempted to enter the bank. Staff locked him out.
- March 10, 2017 at 1:15 p.m. in Holdfast. A man entered the bank demanding cash. He left with an undisclosed amount of cash in an unknown direction in a dark-coloured Chevrolet extended cab and truck possibly with another person.
- May 17, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. in Glentworth. A man entered the bank demanding cash before leaving on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash. He headed south on Main Street.
- June 5, 2017 at 11:10 a.m. in Glentworth. A man attempted to enter the bank. Staff locked him out.
- June 13, 2017 at 1:40 p.m. in Central Butte. A man entered the bank, demanding cash. He left with an undisclosed amount of cash, possibly in a dark-coloured 2003-2007 Chevrolet Silverado.
If anyone thinks the individual is known or recognized, contact the local police service. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit a tip online at www.saskcrimestoppers.com.